www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Childbirth Class Part II

The second one was better than the first one. Mainly because the instructor gave us a choice at the end between a guided relaxation and just going home. We learned about what happens during labor by practicing with a knitted wool uterus and a doll that had a snap-on umbilical cord. We also learned about pain relief options via a video of a pregnancy class where I imagine all the babies are now about twenty.

Me and one other woman in the class are a few weeks ahead of everyone else in our pregnancies, (wow, the baby is precocious already; or the woman who scheduled me for the class sucked) so we are the only ones who have been allowed to take the hospital tour. They are really adamant that you can't take the tour until four weeks before your due date, so I guess if you go into preterm labor they don't want you to know where to go. But it meant that everyone asked us lots of questions and I was popular. Actually, it's sort of funny because the instructor is obviously uncomfortable that I don't have a support person with me and I think she sometimes makes a special effort to be nice to me. Maybe next class I will mumble something about no good lying gambling baby daddies.

The bassinet came yesterday, but due to a mishap with a changing table cover I have been forbidden from assembling it. The reviews on the internet were really good with the one complaint that the assembly instructions are terrible. Aaron is working away on putting it together right now.










Aaron made me go to X-Men 3 yesterday. Why, Aaron, Why? Don't you love me? Do you really think exposing the baby to that drivel before she is born is a good idea?

No comments: