www.flickr.com

Friday, February 27, 2009

From the what are they teaching them at daycare file

Dylan came home today, took my face in her hands, told me I was gorgeous, then gave me a kiss on each cheek. Everyone needs a little glamor in their day, I suppose.

******

There was a spider in the bathroom this morning that caused Dylan to leap onto my person in a manner reminiscent of that scene in cartoons where, for example, a scared elephant will jump into the arms of a mouse at the sight of a ladybug or something equally terrifying. I know that's not quite apt in that I outweigh Dylan by a good 100+ pounds, but still, it gives you the right idea. At first I blamed daycare again because why would a two-year-old think spiders are terrifying, and...wait, I still blame them, but Aaron pointed out that she has done this with bugs since she was really little. She's also been at daycare since she was really little, so there you have it, the entire nature/nurture debate summed up in a paragraph.

******

Speaking of elephants, the example one of my books gave for hallucinations during alcohol withdrawal was pink elephants. Come on, really?

******

Speaking of school (remember that old thing?), I finished my rotation today. They try to dampen any relief you may have by having your last experience be a mind numbingly difficult exam to be done in 30% too little time. Let's all hope the answer to the last 20% of the questions is C! It is for cookie, after all.

No comments: