www.flickr.com

Friday, April 24, 2009

quotidian

In an effort to get Dylan to eat her food before bed rather than a) waking up hungry and weeping at 3am or b) staying up for two hours hungry and weeping before falling asleep, we started telling her that dinner was her opportunity to eat. So now she'll look up at us in the middle of the meal and ask "is my opportunity?" which we find hilarious, and the other night when I wasn't eating much she casually mentioned that it was my opportunity to eat. Don't sass me, kid.

*******

This week they celebrated Earth Day at daycare by painting a globe on her teacher's (clothed) 9-months-pregnant belly. And by painting on paper with dirt, which seemed sort of literal to me.

*******

I have one more week of my pediatrics rotation. It is going well, and I am definitely more confident than I have been in the other rotations. It has been a different kind of experience working with people who are so nice about everything all the time, although it does make it hard to actually figure out how I'm doing because they get even more supportive when you (okay, I) say dumb things.

*******

The stars aligned in some kind of show of awesomeness, because it was 70 degrees and sunny here today and I got out of work at 3pm. Dylan and I brought her easel out and painted on the front porch, then Aaron got home and we biked to the playground. It's nice to be able to do stuff like normal people sometimes instead of basing our lives around my unpredictable work hours. Up tomorrow: a sheep shearing demonstration (no, not on Aaron, but he did suggest he could just jump in line).

1 comment:

Gillianboudreau@hotmail.com said...

Re: pediatrics, psychology can be just like this too! So very supportive such that the worse you are doing (not that you are doing poorly, I'm sure you are rocking it) the less likely anyone is to tell that to you straight. So funny!