www.flickr.com

Sunday, March 02, 2008

A slap in the face

Dylan has gone to the Dark Side recently. She isn't familiar with too many ways to disobey, but when the mood strikes she runs through her repertoire (hitting, shaking the floors lamps) with a look of evil resolve. The hitting has mostly been limited to me, so yesterday I was surprised to hear Aaron firmly say "no hitting," followed by conciliatory hugging. It turned out that Dylan had been crying and Aaron had been making fun of her, so she got frustrated and hauled off and smacked him in the face. He was right to tell her no, but, to quote an anonymous relative, we've all been there.

We put her to work shortly thereafter, what with the idle hands, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we lived on KTR and Aaron was laughing at me when I was having a fit and guess how I reacted? I hauled off and hit him too. Serves him right, and it should be noted, hitting is an ok part of ones' developmental growth, especially if it involves annonying older brothers/fathers.
I'l let you guess who left this comment...