www.flickr.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Assorted

Is anyone else finding it difficult keeping track of what day it is, Olympics-wise? At night we get to watch stuff live, then we wake up the next day and the news is about the same stuff and other events that happened 'today.' As long as we're on the topic, where am I, anyway?

*********

I finally figured out what is bugging me about Michael Phelps. Anyone watch Heroes? Hmmm?

*********

I had one of my best ultimate games ever tonight. It would be better for me to have one of my best dissertation-writing evenings ever, but we take what we can get around here.

*********

At daycare, all the little girls coming running up to you when you walk in and smile and want to play. They all seems really cute and sharp, like they know what's going on. Meanwhile, all the little boys are these little roly poly butterballs who always seems to be doing the one-year-old equivalent of running into each other with pots on their heads. Aaron says it's just like a Simpsons episode and at this point I just smile and nod at such comments. Also, Dylan's moving up two classrooms in a couple weeks, to the two-year-old room. Actually it's the same week I'm going back to med school. We are going to have some grumpy and disoriented Bleisengirls around here in a couple weeks.

*********

The various and sundry noises and rattles that entertained me during all the driving last weekend turned out to be not bells and whistles so much as alarming signals from things such as: brakes. And tires. Many many dollars worth of brakes and tires.

*********

Speaking of many many dollars going to not fun things, they're paving the driveway this Friday. I've gotten a lot of questions re: are they finished with the driveway because it seems like they ripped it up and put some gravel down and skipped town, but just stop asking questions, okay?

No comments: