www.flickr.com

Friday, August 01, 2008

Back, for now

Hey! I actually thought to myself today, "I miss my blog." (That makes me sound cool and mysterious, right?) I have been so oddly devoted to posting every day, and usually I only miss days when things get crazy around here (= we are traveling and Dylan stops sleeping) and as of a couple weeks ago it's been two years of Bleisenblog. So. Taking even a few days off like that to do other work on the computer was weird. But I spent so many days completely focused on getting my projects written up that by the end of a long long evening the idea of one more mouse click was enough to send me over the precipice to the raging tantrum that's always just around the corner here at two-year-old Bleisenblog. Or is that Dylan? Actually, she doesn't have many tantrums. She has other ways. Most of which involve slugging us. Now that she can pronounce sowwy we're making some progress.

Anyway, this afternoon I tossed my adviser 130 pages of rough, rough, half-finished draft and discretely sprinted the other way. There was a split second of relief, but I have finished maybe 60% of what I need to do with it to get a real draft done, so it's not that exciting, and regular posting next week is still on probation. You know what is exciting? This shirt I got Dylan yesterday at the farmer's market.

No comments: