www.flickr.com

Monday, March 21, 2011

more catching up

I was cleaning off a shelf full of junk this evening. There was a candle on it, so I lit it because using it would obviously make things cleaner. Aaron got back from the gym and asked whether I had it burning to exorcise whatever had possessed Ollie (combination of incipient molar+fever/snot-thing[technical term from medical school]) and then I realized that YES THAT WAS IT. Sorry kid, I didn't appreciate how low maintenance you usually are, but now I do, okay?

***

Aaron was complaining last weekend about having to get up at 2am to change the clocks.

***

I'm glad they did the new thing with the rear-facing car seats until age 2 (more technical speak from all my learnin'), although I do wonder if the people making the recommendations realize that children start to drive at 16, and should probably be out of booster seats by then. But really, Ollie's big head does seem safer with all that extra support and he's got Dylan to keep him company so he doesn't mind being backwards and we have these honking big car seats for Dylan so she can be in a 5-point harness until she's like 50. I think some child safety stuff is overblown, but probably not this one.

***

For a while I thought we had the school thing pretty much under control, with four great options, any of which would make us happy. Then I visited one that I liked, but the tour guide said the plan with the current budget is to cut ALL art and music. Less than encouraging, and it made us worry about both of the city schools we have on the list, although I guess things can change by the time school starts. The private school offered Dylan a spot, but wants to know right away if she'll come. And we don't know how the budget stuff affects the charter school, which is still public money, if I have any understanding at all of how charter schools work. The lottery for that one is in a couple weeks.

***

Back at it. We don't need no spring.

No comments: