www.flickr.com

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Conundrum

One day when I went to pick Dylan up at daycare they asked if she liked to play with water. I don't know what they were doing to figure that out, but the answer is yes, yes she does. Snuffy, on the other hand, is terrified of water, which is unfortunate because he starts to get uncomfortably hot at an ambient temperature of 70 degrees. He does, however, drink water. Water that usually waits for him in a bright, shiny metal bowl enticingly placed on the floor in the kitchen. You see the problem here?

When Aaron turned 27 in February he referred to it as the age of rock star death. He has since forgotten and no longer has any idea what that means. Sometimes living with Aaron feels like a psychology experiment.

The Big Trashed Hotel Room in the Sky

Dylan says dada all the time. She either says it upon seeing Aaron, or else yells it and then looks around wildly until she finds him. I'm pretty sure she also has a variation on the "da" syllable that means dog.

I had a nice, relaxing birthday. I got to sleep in until 8:45, read the New York Times, and eat breakfast in bed. It doesn't sound like much, but facilitating those things required hours of work on Aaron's part. A local bar/restaurant creepily sent a coupon for a free meal (how did they know my birthday?) so we were all over that. Also, the whole rest of the day, I got to dictate all the decisions in the five million conversions about what to do/eat next. Absolute power, that's how I like it.

Do you know how long it has been since I got to sit down and write a nice thoughtful post? Oh right. You do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HIRTHDAY, KATE. Do I know that living with Aaron feels like a psychology experiment? I think there are 4 others that understand. Nana