www.flickr.com

Friday, July 27, 2007

Sleep update

I think we are coming out the other end of whatever hellish thing we just went through. Let's call it July. We decided the not sleeping was a combination of Dylan being sick and going through some kind of developmental spurt because she stopped saying all her words for a while (except dada) and has now started with them again. I have been trying to teach her the sign for thirsty, but she finds pointing at the cup and yelling to be quite effective and has no use for me and my signing. She discovered pointing in general very suddenly about four days ago and has since been waving her chubby little finger at everything she thinks is interesting. Sometimes this brings results, as with the sippy cup, other times nothing, as with the ceiling fan, the plane, and my cupcake.

I took a nap yesterday and was suddenly much much happier. I theoretically knew that I had been grumpy for a month because of the no sleeping, but I had sort of forgotten and just resigned myself to being permanently grumpy. But no, it was the not sleeping. Being happy and whining anyway is more my MO.

No comments: