www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Kate Has Three Mommies And Other Insights From the 2007 Bleisenblog Readership Survey

It's all fun and games, guys, until someone messes up my reader demographics and causes me to target the blog content towards grandparents, which is going to result in a lot more 8-minute videos, if you know what I mean. Do you think you're funny, those of you who said you were my mother while not actually being my mother? My REAL mother felt the need to assure me that there are no true birth parents out there, desperately hoping for some kind of connection with me through a sidebar poll. Also, I don't have two mothers-in-law, I am fairly sure. (right, Melanie?) Feel free to name names in the comments if you know who the Loser McCheatingtons are.

Assuming the rest of you made an honest effort to answer correctly, to the best of your ability anyway, let us review the results. It appears that 10 of you, nearly one-third, are actually related to us, and thus legally obligated to look at pictures of Dylan. Unless some people voted twice because of the unfortunate circumstances previously mentioned, and then who knows how many of you actually voted. To summarize, what we have learned is: this is not the best forum for me to complain about my in-laws and regular-laws.

Another 8 of you, or 25% if my calculations are correct, are actual friends of ours. So while not technically legally obligated to look at pictures of Dylan, you have a strong moral obligation to do so. I provide this content as an easy and efficient way to fulfill that obligation. You're welcome. Unfortunately, for people who don't come here regularly, I find myself forcing them to read my posts rather than forcing them to look at baby pictures, although sometimes they are one and the same. It seems I need a lot of attention.

Moving on, 6 more of you are friends of friends. Out of those, one or more is probably Kevin Bacon. Hi Kevin! Come for the stupid jokes, stay for the repetition of the stupid jokes!

AND a full 2 of you, or 6%, have no earthly connection to us other than the spriritual bond that unites us all as human beings and internet users. Welcome! At least I stopped posting about the health insurance acquisition process.

As long as we're blogging about blogging, might as well go whole hog with a few more stats. Most of my youtube videos get 40-100 hits, which I figure is all of us accidentally hitting play a few times each. But a few of them, through a magical selection of titles and tags, seem to come up for certain search terms and get a lot more hits. The top five:

5. Aaron getting enthusiastically greeted by Snuffy's tongue with 265 views

4. Tasty tasty hot chocolate in Paris with 336 views

3. Canopy tour in South Africa with 712 views

2. Tempting fate with a lion cub in South Africa with 1,936 views

...drumroll...

1. Dylan stars in Stupid Baby Tricks with 2,505 views

Total video views: 7,579

Unsurprisingly, most people come here from the U.S. (DC + 25 states!), Canada, and Morocco (until tomorrow, welcome home Annie). But in the past month I have also had hits from, for example, Mongolia, Tunisia, Egypt, and Tajikistan. Ah, Tajikistan. Maybe that's where my real mother is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

COMPLAINT DEPT: I can no longer view REPENT. I want it!

bleisenblog said...

I don't know why you can't see it, it still works for me.

Anonymous said...

I don't know for sure, but I have my suspicions about those who claimed to be your other mothers.You know it takes a Village to raise a child. A Village in Tajikstan. Your REAL Mother