www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Recent Happenings

A major goal for October was to finish the next step of the medical boards without going into labor. Eight hours is a long time to answer multiple choice questions, but I did manage to make it through yesterday without any baby birthing. It's nice, because all that studying was taking up energy I could have used for waddling around.

***

I bought a pack of newborn diapers in an expression of optimism that this baby will be under 10 pounds at birth, and hence fit into them.

***

Certain unidentified members of the Greater Bleisenblog family have started to get all excited when we call them. I will leave it to you to decide whether that means we

a) stopped calling,
b) start each call with "NOT IN LABOR," or
c) designated a certain member of the BleisenMarriage who would be responsible for The Call, who subsequently spent an entire evening either calling or resisting the urge to call "just to see how it's going."

***

Someone asked Aaron if we have a birth plan. We had vague notions of one with Dylan, such as maybe offer me a popsicle? Or rub my back? With a tennis ball? The birth plan soon became Rout the Child Out One Way or Another Because Medical Science No Longer Allows for Gestations of this Duration. This time the plan is just hope I go into labor AT SOME POINT. I don't want to go past 41 weeks this time. So, to recap: Due Date = November 17, Baby Will Be Out By Date = November 24. Thanksgiving = November 26 (= I get to dress the baby like a turkey since he's missing halloween).

***

All the area hospitals have banned children under 18 from the maternity wards (excepting, I imagine, the ones being birthed). Nice that two weeks ago they let us pay them to show Dylan around and get her all excited about visiting there, while knowing they were probably about to not let her come. I think they have wireless though, so skype it is.

No comments: