www.flickr.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

this, that

The opening scene of The Simpsons last night was Marge and the kids arriving at a birthday party and trying (you know unsuccessfully) to figure out if the birthday child, Dylan, was a boy or a girl.

***

I mentioned my allergic sun reaction to my dermatologist. She said I was probably right about what it is. There are two treatment choices. One is topical steroids. Or, OR, they have a machine that can go ahead and give me a sunburn to toughen me up (perhaps it's called: the Sun? I hope it's at least solar powered). Aaron enjoyed this line of reasoning and suggested that if I'm concerned about breaking my arm he's got Billy out back with a baseball bat. And! Maybe if I take Ollie to, like, India before our trip then I won't have to worry about him getting measles in Canada.

***

Ollie waggles his eyebrows at me when he wants me to pay attention to him. Here he is having taken up residence in Aaron's armpit. I could not figure out how to get all three of them in focus at once.







***

Here's Dylan at the same age Ollie is now. They have the same face but she has like three more necks. Do you think her eyes were starting to turn a little darker in these pictures? I can't remember exactly when that happened. Ollie's are still really blue, but I think it's too early to know where they'll end up.

No comments: