www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

my new habit

If you have seen me in real life lately, you probably know that I have taken to jogging. It's not something I have ever been able to do before because I get bored. I can't stand to be bored for any amount of time, so it never seemed like an option for exercise. Instead I trick myself into running around by doing team sports. Suddenly, though, I'm able to jog, and I am really enjoying it. I think it's a nice break from being in the house a lot of the day, and I also finally learned that you're supposed to start off slow enough that you can actually keep going the whole time. The first time I went I could barely lift up my legs, but now it's looking more like a jog than a shuffle. I should be able to go three miles (s l o w l y) by next week. I think I'll sign up for a 5k to get myself to keep doing it. It's also a great way to wear out dogface.

Dylan seems like she's using her arms more on purpose lately. She has been clingy and fussy again the past couple of days, as predicted by this book I've been reading. Today she seemed to snap out of it again. She is really alert and pretty happy most of the time she is awake now. I was chewing gum yesterday and she started chomping around too.

Dylan wears the Cute Little Girl snowsuit
in only the most hip and ironic manner















At least I got Aaron to smile for the camera

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

need a jogging buddy? i lost mine :(
-lisa

bleisenblog said...

sure, but snuffy comes too and we have to go slow.