www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

That's what I get for voting

I am going to be on a Grand Jury. Loyal readers may recall that I was first scheduled to do this during my ninth month of pregnancy. I declined, so they decided to punish me by having me do it during the month Aaron has off between classes and during my final few weeks before going back to work so that there is no way we can leave town except for short trips. The dates I have to appear are December 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 29th, January 2nd, 5th, and 8th. Nice. And they don't even reimburse for parking. I suspect they will not have a nice quiet nook aside from the bathroom where I can pump. I think I'll call and try to get out of it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should absolutely try to get out of it. Nursing mother, infant less than three months. Tell them the baby won't take a bottle, get a note from your doctor, whatever you have to do!
p.s. that's a great picture of Dylan!

Anonymous said...

Kate This is where you have to learn to lie. Tell them you believe in the death penalty for parking tickets or you're going on a pre- honeymoon with your brother who's getting married and the rest of the family. I heard that last one works. I'm signing this Anon so know one knows it's me writing this

Anonymous said...

Another thing I suggest to people looking to avoid this sort of thing is to claim severe incontinence and present yourself as a person who will need, for medical reasons, to use the facilities no less than three or four times per hour.

bleisenblog said...

Uh, thanks Jill. I'll let you know how it goes. With the Depends and all. Also, I took some pictures of Dylan in the pink quilted suit you got her, but they're not very good so I'll wait to post then until I get some better ones.

Annie ~ إني said...

Kate doesnt need to just "claim" severe incontinence.

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a little bit of incontinence inside all of us?