www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

boys boys boys

Yesterday I brought neither lunch nor lunch money to school. The precipitating cause was my turnip-like brain functioning. Background causes included my ongoing noble battle against phthisis and Dylan's flatulent 4-hour bender starting at 10pm the previous night.

In a possibly related turn of events, Dylan had a rough morning at daycare yesterday. They were apparently just joking about starting her room transition last week because when I got there to feed her today they said she had lost it after a while in the other room, where they had just started brining her. She did okay in the afternoon though. It's a lot of the same kids who were in her room when she first started, all of whom are boys. They had been dying for a girl when she first started, but I think they lived to regret that idea. It's weird because I hadn't seen most of them since they had moved up and now they're all standing and sporting actual hair.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have one excellent vocabulary! I had to look this up:
phthi·sis (thss, t-) also phthis·ic (tzk, thz-)
n.
1. A disease characterized by the wasting away or atrophy of the body or a part of the body.
2. Tuberculosis of the lungs. No longer in scientific use.
(hope Dylan is feeling better)