www.flickr.com

Friday, May 04, 2007

Troll

I'm back. I finally got some kind of grip on my work, so now you'll have to endure my yammerings once again in order to get your precious precious baby pictures.

Last weekend Aaron's dad came to visit. Although we had been able to resist the children's museum in Boston, the combination of an excited grandfather and an eight-month-old baby was too much and we ended up at the brand new Strong Museum of Play. I think they consider themselves sophisticated because they put toys in glass cases with little label cards alongside the toys you can actually play with, but I don't begrudge them that because THE TOYS, OH MY GOD THE TOYS. I was a little overwhelmed. They had a mini Wegmans that was almost as functional as the real Wegmans and these screens where you could use your shadow to play volleyball with the ball on the screen and a huge Sesame Street area and little play areas for certain people who are too young to appreciate most of the toys. I thought we would last about twenty minutes, but we closed the place down and didn't even get to some parts. One of the toys in a case was a 1998 version of one of Dylan's more talkative toys, and let me tell you, the nostalgia was intense. I figure we'll be back there about once a week for the next few years, which is good because I need a rematch on a game of giant Connect Four.

We forgot the camera, which was just as well because there would have been a lot of pictures of me, for example, pointing excitedly at the framed picture of Cookie Monster, but here is a particularly poignant one that Aaron got with the phone:


And a couple others from the visit:

1 comment:

Mummy Potter said...

The visit to the children's museum was for the benefit of...whom? Kate? Eh?