www.flickr.com

Friday, June 06, 2008

zoo, the inferno

Yeah. The zoo was, let's call it, uncomfortably hot. The animals were scarcely in attendance, I think wisely. We did see some polar bear bears. And maybe a rhino. Oh, you know what we did see? The 20 school busses worth of children who were also there. Yeah. Next time someone offers me the opportunity to take my kid to the zoo myself? I will tell them to mind their business.

Luckily Dylan doesn't care where we are or what we're doing, as long as she's free to run around. So much of our time looked a lot like this. Literally--she happily sat up there watching the other kids for like 20 minutes. I heard a lot of parents yelling something along the lines of we're not at the zoo to play on the playground. Meh. We were, as it turned out, at the zoo to play on the playground. And in the water.That's her new water outfit. Modest, no? I get twitchy when any part of her is exposed to the sun for any amount of time. It's even a size too big for extra coverage.


My constant refrain of Not In Your Mouth goes unheeded again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cracks me up that you take a picture of dirty zoo water going to mouth before stopping the dirty zoo water from going to mouth!!
Love the water outfit, very much.
Your Grandma would have approved.

bleisenblog said...

It's a little chlorinated stream for the kids to play in! It's really not that dirty! Although I guess the chlorine is another story.