www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 06, 2008

I want to compress your chest

Sorry, I renewed my CPR this morning and my compressing hand is a little itchy.

********

Sorry for the spotty posting. Dylan not sleeping is taking up all my time to do anything besides stare mournfully at my own bed/computer/workout clothes while wrestling with her.

********

Dylan is reluctant to wear her coat. Or hat. Or mittens. She does like her boots though, and wears those all day every day at daycare. But. No coat, if possible. I have never really liked wearing a coat myself, so I try to be sympathetic and not bundle her up too much if I don't really have to, like if we're just going right to the car. I think she tends to run on the warm side anyway since no blankets can be anywhere near her while she sleeps. I also try to not bundle myself up too much if I don't really have to, like if I'm just going right to the car. But. Guess what I learned yesterday? The fan doesn't work in the ford. Which means no heat. So I was all not bundled up for a twenty minute ride in 20 degree weather. Am brilliant.

********

We went to the MD/PhD holiday party last night, which is characterized by a vicious Yankee Swap. In looking at my post from last year I realized that I went first. This year I went second (out of ~35). In a game where you want to go later because you get to survey the loot and swipe what you want from people, this is not a good track record. Nonetheless, I got my mitts on a s'more making kit early on and managed to end up with it at the end, although it got a bit ugly in the middle there. I would link to it, but I can't find it on the whole wide internet, and unlike this one it seems that most s'more kits contain actual graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. This one is a little stove with fondue sticks. I still am excited about the idea, but it requires chafing fuel and a long butane lighter, so 1) I don't have those things, and 2) I am not entirely sure it sounds like fun to huddle around the little sterno holder to get the marshmallows as chemical-y as possible before eating them.

No comments: