www.flickr.com

Friday, December 19, 2008

live from (upstate) ny


We didn't get that ice storm from a few days ago, but today it started snowing at nine this morning and hasn't stopped since. There is an impenetrable ice slick right outside our house, and over the course of the day I have helped push four cars out of the adjacent snowbank. Every other car that goes by skids there, so I am able to look prescient in front of my friends by predicting with eerie accuracy the time and place of skidding. It's as though...I had something to do with it. We have been lucky enough not to be plowed in because the plow has NOT BEEN HERE YET.

We shoved the kids (Dylan + Maya) in the snow to get some shoveling done, although I don't know what the point was because as soon as I turned around there were several inches of snow where I had just shoveled.


Dylan is melting down into a puddle of tired defrosted toddler as I write, so I better go peel her up.

No comments: