www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In recovery

A lot of people have told me that when they finished their defense it felt anticlimactic--all that work, and suddenly they were done. Maybe I feel different because I've been working on a lot of other things in the past few months, but it definitely seemed like closure to me. So many people were there that I've worked with in so many capacities over the course of six years (I always think of the big group scenes in The Simpsons where all the characters from all the episodes pop up), it really had a similar feel to our wedding, except I guess it would be more of a professional wedding, and instead of marrying Aaron I would be marrying a powerpoint presentation and a 200+ page document. Romantic, no?

I may have thanked the academy at the start of my acknowledgments, but I did refrain from mentioning that it was my special day more than a couple times. Dylan seemed dazed much of the day. There were lots of relatives circling and I had on my party shoes and fancy clothes and she spent like two hours at daycare and people kept talking to her, so I think she was relieved to get to bed.

Then yesterday I went to a couple med school meetings and I was like, oh, right, I still have to do this part too.

No comments: