www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Low fat

I have been wondering for a week why that batch of cookies came out so flat. Actually, I started wondering even as I made the batter why it wasn't quite right. As I made a new batch tonight I was apparently transported back in time just to watch myself fail to put any butter at all in. My subconscious was taking notes: do not let this happen again.

******

The problem with preparing for a long talk is that it takes a long time every time you practice it (ahem, 2.5 hours on the first pass, knocking my brother out cold), although while I'm actually speaking time in fact speeds up. I don't usually mind giving presentations, but this is nerve wracking because I have to really plan everything I say carefully to fit it all in.

******

Guess what? Dylan is not too big to play So Big. She also bakes pies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will dylan bake me a pie? good luck on your talk, miss you guys!!!