www.flickr.com

Friday, September 10, 2010

In the headlines

I liked the New York Times article about effective study habits. I've always liked to do a bunch of the stuff they say is supported by research--a lot of variety in material, different study spaces, revisiting things, but not right away. And yet, somehow with all that studying here I am, still in school. Stay in school, kids! Until you're 30! (On the not-staying-in-school-forever front, I'm now at two interviews)

There was also a New York Times article about the evidence for harm from BPA. On one hand it sounds like the science is all over the place. On the other hand it sounds like that is because all the industry studies are somehow confusing and contradict the rest of the evidence. Hm.

Here is a headline from today's paper: "Zoo celebrates Grandparents Day and Elephant Awareness Day." I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it.

I've been sitting in front of Fox News at the gym the last couple days. It's like once you get sucked in you can't turn it off. Literally. The TVs are up really high there. Actually I really enjoyed watching it because they don't run any stories without a reason and it's fun to see how sophisticated they can be about manipulating everything. That is, manipulating everything in the service of this Great Nation of ours. I ended up pledging allegiance by the end.

No comments: