www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

notes

Ollie has been possessed by the devil. The constipation devil. Better the devil you know, right?

***

Why do I now have a Newsweek subscription? Anyone?

***

Oh my god we have been married five years. Aaron says I make it feel much longer though.

***

What do you think, is he more of a football or a bowling ball?

***

Dylan thinks he is a snack best served cold. She goes around muttering about Ollie tartar.

***

Inexplicably, she got a spare.

***

Good lord, her room. We have put our heads down and pretended all the do-it-yourself kinds of home maintenance (=anything fancier than mowing the lawn) didn't exist since we bought this house 7 years ago. It was in great shape and we don't know anything about such things so it was reasonable to assume anything we did to it would make things worse. We're probably going to move one way or the other next year so we're starting to fix things up for that purpose. I guess starting simple would have been too straightforward, so I started on Dylan's room, which required wallpaper removal and lots of repair to the walls underneath. After booting her out for a bunch of nights and endless prep I am now ready to put actual paint on the walls. I'm basically a professional at this point. Come over and I will talk joint compound with you. Good times, over here.

***

I got an interview! Am potentially employable. In several more years.

1 comment:

Gillianboudreau@hotmail.com said...

Is this bowling alley in someone's house? Congratulations on the interview!