www.flickr.com

Sunday, February 06, 2011

more weighty, weighty topics

Here's an article about Disney getting their stuff to parents in the hospital when their babies are born. When Ollie was born the hospital photographer took his pictures, which we didn't even buy, but ever since then the marketing company mentioned in this article has been emailing me and sending me stuff specific to how old Ollie is. I don't think companies should be able to mine the information of new parents and babies like that. When Ollie was born I was often alone with him, with no one who wasn't delirious to figure out for me whether I was signing a birth certificate or a promise to buy a lifetime supply of tiaras. I go through them so fast, you know. I don't even think I gave that photographer any of my information myself, since I didn't want to buy the pictures.

No comments: