www.flickr.com

Friday, September 15, 2006

Napping

I am sad you're not supposed to buy bagged spinach right now because I have had a baby spinach addiction pretty much since I got pregnant.

I am probably asking for it by writing this down, but as I mentioned yesterday Dylan has been a really easy baby so far. Possibly because of horror stories about, well, me, I was ready for a baby who wouldn't want to be put down at all, who wouldn't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, and who would just be sort of cranky all the time. Aside from a two-day breastmilk binge a few days ago, I actually think I am getting a reasonable amount of sleep for having a two-week-old. When I am up with her at night she is eating, not crying, and I am happily watching whatever Aaron gets for me on his computer. In general when she wakes up from naps Dylan just looks around happily to see what's going on. We took her to the grocery store today without any problem and we took her out to a restaurant yesterday (although sadly we ended up leaving after half hour because the server never showed up for work). The hardest part for me so far is remembering that even though I basically feel fine I am a lot weaker than usual and I'm going to be that way for quite a while until I am not so anemic.

Judging by this afternoon, I guess even good-natured babies can wear you out.















No comments: