www.flickr.com

Monday, September 18, 2006

Why do I have so much work even though I'm on leave?

I have spent the entire day feeding the baby and dealing with baby-related paperwork. I'm not good enough at nursing yet to do both at the same time, but I am getting good at eating while nursing. She had one two hour session last night. I can't sit still for two hours during the best of times, but I am still not strong enough to get any real exercise to keep the fidgeting under control. I am definitely getting better though. I walked Snuffy without the walking stick today and ran a few errands and didn't feel dizzy afterwards. Yesterday I was going to say how boring we are around here, but with all the bureaucracy today I feel I have redefined boring. People call and ask how it's going, and it really is going well, but we mostly all sit around on the couch and eat and sometimes Aaron does homework.

Dylan has slept from 10pm to 4am the last two nights and then again from 5:30 until 7:30, so that's not too bad although it didn't prevent me from being really cranky this morning. We took her out to both lunch and dinner yesterday (and also ice cream and the park mid-afternoon, now that I think of it), both times to restaurants loud enough that if she started yelling we could hardly tell. I feel like I am sort of getting spoiled now because she is so small and portable.

Next week I've brilliantly managed to arrange a conference call to do actual school-related work, so I hope I get some sleep the night before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We feel for you. Life becomes sort of on hold at thispoint & it is frustrating. But then look at Dylan who's so cute (& Snuffy & Aaron, also so cute) & you'll get through. If not go for more ice cream. Nana