www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Two weeks

Today is our first full day with no one staying here to help us. We just got back from the pediatrician, where Dylan weighed in at 8 pounds, 12.5 ounces. We were going for her birthweight of 8lbs 11ozs, so again she has been obligingly fat. They gave me a box of the vitamin supplements for her, which came packaged with a big thing of formula. It has been bizarre how much both the hospital and the pediatrician have been pushing formula, especially given the recent push for breastfeeding and for a baby who is doing well and gaining weight without it.

Dylan is fascinated by the uglydoll mobile, which is satisfying because I made it, but annoying because it isn't motorized so someone has to stand there and push it. She has been a really easygoing baby so far. She is staying awake for longer and longer stretches during the day.

I am still really pale from losing so much blood, but last weekend I noticed that the tips of my fingers were pink again. The pink has been moving down my fingers all week. I can't walk very far, which is sad because I was really looking forward to wandering around the neighborhood with the baby and the dog, but I am up to a few blocks now.

No comments: