www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Three weeks

They tell you that you can tell when your baby is hungry before she starts crying because she will root around and stick out her tongue. Dylan does those things, but the main thing she does when she's hungry is bash us with her head like a woodpecker. I'll be holding her thinking, hey that's some nice head control, and it will turn out she was just winding up to lunge herself at my shoulder particularly hard.

I'm sure she is still gaining weight and growing really fast, but I can't tell because I see her so much. When people don't see her for even four or five days they say she looks a lot bigger and more alert. I am still only getting up once or twice in the night but I am still pretty tired. Her bedtime seems to be a couple hours later than mine. Because of the huge eyes and the furtive clenched fists I have started thinking about her as my cute little pet marsupial, which seems really apt a lot of the time.

I took my longest walk yet yesterday, alone with Dylan and Snuffy. It was a little cold out so I was forced to dress the baby up in a bear suit. It was not possible to get a picture with her looking at the camera or without Snuffy's huge head butting in.

No comments: