www.flickr.com

Friday, August 18, 2006

That's better

Before















After















Sorry for the boring medical rant there. It is disconcerting to have even the doctor and nurse asking me why I'm still pregnant. I'm still not uncomfortable, and yesterday I actually had a lot more energy than I have lately.

Yesterday morning I went to a La Leche League meeting. They say leche as two syllables, is one thing I learned. They made me swear not to wean the child before she's seven. Actually it was pretty fun, although it had a preaching to the choir kind of feel to it. There were tons of babies and kids running around, from two months to six years old, and all the women were really nice. It's really fun to say 'Saturday' when people ask me when I'm due. Next week will be even more fun I imagine. Much breastfeeding was done by all, except me.

Still no contractions or anything else to speak of. The phone has been ringing a lot with people wanting to check on me. Confusingly, I get excited when it rings, as though I think someone is calling to tell me I'm in labor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The uglies are MUCH nicer than those boring old bears.