www.flickr.com

Saturday, August 26, 2006

41 weeks

Nothing new today either.

All the online pregnancy calendars ended a week ago, so I am left without their inane daily advice.

It is weird that we could have decided to be in the hospital having the baby (or at least trying to) right now if we wanted to.

When Annie and I were in Wegmans a couple days ago a woman asked when was I due, like, yesterday. So I got to say yes, last weekend, which was satisfying for all. Until she tracked me down on the opposite side of the store and started offering advice about pushing. And then told us all about how she needs a hip replacement. Annie has since decided that I was faking the whole pregnancy thing and gone back home. Going out in public right now is fulfilling any paranoid fantasy I have ever had that everyone is staring at me.

No comments: