www.flickr.com

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Things from the past 24 hours that I will credit with causing labor if I go into labor soon

  • Ending that game of Risk in a friendly three-way draw just because it was getting late. We could have waited until today to finish. My thirst for world domination remains unquenched.
  • Ending that game of Monopoly far later than basic decency should have dictated.
  • That delicious delicious strawberry banana smoothie I made for breakfast.
  • Having to drive a half hour each way to pick up the stupid prescription dog food for my delicate flower of a dog.
  • Installing the carseat right before Annie got here so that I've been squished in the backseat with it every time we drive anywhere. Aaron says it's safer that way.
  • My awesomely comfy new pajama bottoms.
  • Cocaine.

Aaron is off at orientation. Yet another opportunity not to tell him while I sneak off to the hospital to have the baby. Although his orientation is in the hospital.

When I go into labor we plan to drive around town really fast so we get pulled over and Aaron can say "but my wife is in labor."

I just pulled the car into the garage and couldn't fit out the front door and had to haul myself into the backseat where I just barely fit out the back door.

The baby has now blebbed up into a little ball so far in front of me that it looks like she is trying to pod off from my abdomen.

No comments: