www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tomorrow

Aaron and I have been having a debate about how many points I should be worth to passing motorists when I am walking Snuffy around the neighborhood. I thought I should be worth a lot because it's two people plus a dog, but Aaron thinks I am a slow-moving easy target and so should be worth fewer points. Speaking of games, Aaron is the ONLY ONE who did not guess too early in the baby pool. I thought he was just being mean when he picked a date in September.

Anyway, the ultrasound looked good, although the baby is acting up already. She spent the entire night viciously battering my abdomen (I made Aaron feel what we think is her elbow at one point and he screamed because it was sticking so far out), and then during the test, which could not end until she moved a certain number of times, she would not move. At least until I gave her a few good pokes, heh heh sweet revenge. The technician would only refer to the baby as "it" which is weird at this point since we are so used to thinking about her as a girl. The technician also told us how smart the baby clearly is due to her excellent job at fake breathing. Is this just the start of many years of people pandering to us by telling us how obviously smart the kid is?

So the big news is that we decided to induce tomorrow morning. I'll go into the hospital tonight and then they'll start the pitocin tomorrow morning. My doctor will be working then, at least for the first part of the day, so that is nice. I think I might have been willing to wait a few more days (they only would have let us wait three more anyway), but we have just about run out of time if Aaron is going to be able to have any time off with the baby before school starts. And some people are also insisting on both going to "Morocco" for the "Peace Corps" and also "seeing the baby."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate-Congratulations!!! I'm sending fast & painless L&D thoughts your way! :) (I just hope that Snuffy is prepared to not be an only child anymore!)

Annie ~ إني said...

You must have misheard me...I said "eating", not "seeing". Either way, a timely birth is indeed best.