www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Catch-22

I couldn't figure out how to open the diaper pail contraption thingy, but the instructions on how to open it came inside it. Not sure I'm qualified to have a child...Aaron watched me for a while and then asked if I would prefer to break it or have him open it.

Speaking of having a child, I was thinking that it probably wouldn't be until next week, but now I'm rethinking. For the past day and a half I have been having, uh, increased gastrointestinal activity. And yesterday I was pretty nauseous on and off all morning. Hmm, maybe that's also why I announced over the weekend that I was carsick before the car was on. I'm not sure if any of those things actually mean anything, but that and the twinges on Sunday night are the first time I have really felt anything different than normal. The Internet seems to say that nausea etc. mean approaching labor, but at 39 and a half weeks I'm not sure that's news. My next doctor's appointment is Wednesday afternoon.

We were going to go on a fieldtrip to Ikea in Canada today, but then someone told us about a similar local store in Rochester. We found some dining room chairs we really liked. We were hoping to have them for the rush of baby-viewing, but they won't get here for another 4-6 weeks. Anyone who has tried to sit on one of our dining room chairs will appreciate this as a public service, because 3 out of 4 of them require much vigilence to avoid injury during use. At least we got rid of that one that actually had a big hole in the middle of the seat. While we were shopping we were both really tired, and that combined with being sort of skittish to begin with meant that anytime one of the salespeople asked us if we needed help we stared at them, then stared at each other, then one of us would mumble something incoherent and we would scurry away. I guess the salesman was tired too because when we were looking in the beers of the world store next to the furniture store he stopped by "for a pick me up." I didn't have the heart to tell him alcohol is a downer.

I got the cool photo thing on the sidebar working. I only have a few pictures in the flickr account because the free version has a monthy upload limit and I am saving the rest of the bandwidth for baby pictures.

No comments: