www.flickr.com

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Childbirth Class Part III

We started out with a 20-minute guided relaxation. This is not a technique that we are practicing to use during labor, it is just something we did to relax before class started. Since I already feel like the class should be an hour shorter, it did a lot more to make me irritated than to relax me.

Although the nurse who teaches the class is a very nice person, I find her teaching style to be grating and inefficient and I am having trouble learning anything from class. I found some software on amazon that has videos and looks great and got really good reviews, so maybe I'll get that because it sounds like it does a good job with breathing techniques and then Aaron can have some sort of preparation also.

We have pretty much confined Snuffy to the basement until it gets cooler. Aaron too. I feel like I have two pet trolls down there that must occasionally be tossed a lamb or a cow so they don't get restless.

I am having trouble not giggling when the news about Castro is on because they keep saying that he has tranferred power to his brother Raoul, which is awfully similar to the phrase Dave Barry uses whenever he mentions speaking French, "this is the fish of my brother Raoul."

No comments: