www.flickr.com

Saturday, August 12, 2006

39 Weeks

Baseline (as of 2:30pm Friday)
dilation: 0cm
effacement: not really at all ("kinda long" was the actual term used)
baby: heartbeat good, head down, trying to escape via kicks to my upper abdomen
me: still fine, my ear is better, thanks for asking

We're in Ithaca for the weekend. (I know! We left town! A sure way to induce labor) I had many offers to rush me to the hospital at the MD/PhD retreat, but it turned out not to be necessary. Last night we were treated to Spa Cuisine by Lisa and Tom™. It was excellent and caused me to eat far more than my pea-sized stomach can hold right now. The theme is making things taste like they were made with heavy cream without actually using heavy cream.

I finally transformed the pile of stuff on the chair in the living room into an actual packed bag, so yes, we are now packed for the hospital. I have been cleaning and organizing the house all summer, so I don't plan on ever having to clean again. That has actually been confusing because I am now faced with the prospect of maintaining the house in a clean state, which hasn't ever happened before and I don't know what to do. I guess I can view it as yet another opportunity to practice my breathing.

No comments: