www.flickr.com

Monday, April 16, 2007

Aaron's post

Well Kate is running around like a chicken with its head chopped off. So I offered to help her by posting to the blog. Her response was less than excited. In fact it turned out she wanted me to do other stuff, such as mind our dependents or clean the house or do something more useful. Well life is full of disappointments and that is a lesson I'm trying hard to teach Kate.

Anyway, Sunday was a busy a day. We had a brunch date with friends from Kate's MD/PhD program. Before we went there we had to get baby down for a nap, buy bagels, and have Snuffy play at doggie group. Very little of this worked out. At 9:30 we all went to the doggie group, but there was not nary a dog. So we went and got bagels, and then I dropped off Kate. Like Brigadoon, a canine village appeared magically at 10. There were upwards of 15 dogs there for Snuffy to spend his time snuffing. At 10:40 I called Kate to see if I should come home. In an exasperated tone she said "no, baby just went down for her nap." So brunch was postponed at until noon. At around 11 I looked around and noticed that all the dogs had left, save one brown muddy labradoodle. So we headed home.

Prior to leaving for brunch not much had happened except that we noted that Dylan has not slept at this time of day for months, and was sleeping longer than her normal morning nap time. We both agreed she had done it on purpose because we had made plans. I for one won't forgot this when she becomes a teenager and I can choose to either slightly embarrass her or really embarrass her.

We went for brunch and had a lovely time. Our friends had two cats who were petrified of Dylan. They spent our whole visit underneath the couch. Dylan was delightful entertainment for all. She impressed everyone with her eating, screeching, rolling and smiles. I can do all of that and roll my eyes, but no one noticed. We decided to leave once Dylan grew weary of everyone's company.

When we got home we put her down for a nap and hoped that this nap would last even longer than the morning nap. Apparently Dylan is trying to teach both Kate and me the lesson I so want to teach Kate (see last sentence of first paragraph). Anyways, from that nap Kate created the axiom that babies don't need power naps. Although to some this may seem like an obvious observation, I think it is quite astute and shows Kate's observational prowess.

We spent the rest of the day with Kate working and me tending to baby and dog.

1 comment:

Sol said...

nice work dad. i think you should blog more often