www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Field Trip

Part of the research I am working on right now involves wandering around town meeting with people who might have information that could help my project. Last Friday I printed out some maps (no Lucille or Vicki in our car) and headed to the north side of the city with only a ten or so minute detour through the maze of one way streets downtown (see: no Lucille or Vicki in our car). When I got there I noticed there were no cars anywhere near the place I was going, which probably should have been a clue. I parked down the street a ways, not exactly sure how safe a neighborhood I was in. My car was pretty conspicuous, as it was one of two cars parked on the entire block. I scurried through the wind and snow (Rochester, now with 20% more winter)(for which I am now in my denial not dressing warmly enough) to the front doors, all eight of which I determined to be locked. A nearby door was open, but lead to four more doors which were all also locked. A nice woman wandered by, who suggested that perhaps everything was closed for Good Friday. Which perhaps I should have anticipated since the place I was going is affiliated with a Catholic charity. I turned for home down a one way street, saw a car going the other direction down the street, and was on my way. To drive home the point, as I drove back through downtown I saw a group parading around the streets with an enormous cross. I walked in the door much earlier than anticipated and pointed out the Catholic-ness of my destination, to which Aaron responded, oh, did you have a good Friday? Dork.

Shortly before Dylan made Aaron walk the plank:














She's cute, for a troll

No comments: