www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 07, 2007

In which Snuffy is only mentioned tangentially

We got the car jump started on Tuesday. More accurately, the nice man from the towing service jump started the car. I came out of the house when he and Aaron were over with the car, which was running like a champ. Not having seen that he had one of those little battery packs I brilliantly asked how he had done that. Every day since then we have compulsively gone out and let the car run for probably longer than is necessary.

Dylan was supposed to have a quick visit with a nurse at her doctor's office on Thursday to do a blood draw to check if the experimental vaccine she may be getting is working. Quick, ha. They put some nice numbing stuff on her arms, so she didn't even cry until they had been rooting around in her arm for a long time. Attempt number two is in a few weeks. I really felt like I should have her in this study because I am doing research and am so dependent on people's goodwill for it to work. I'm not sure that will be enough to get me or her involved as a participant in another research study any time soon.

I haven't mentioned bedtime in a while. Bedtime is awesome. We get her to sleep between 7:00 and 8:00pm just about every night. Even nights when she has trouble sleeping she is usually down by 9:00pm. The problem is that now that I'm used to that and used to getting a minimum amount of sleep, the bad nights are SO MUCH HARDER. I must get out of practice or something. Not that I want to stay in practice. I mean, for a month or two there she was nursing from 6pm to midnight, and once I got used to it I was fine with that. Now if she tried to nurse for six hours in the evening I would be tempted to coat her sweet little face in peanut butter and unleash Snuffy.

No comments: