www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Iron Chef Rochester

Hey look, I didn't post for a day. That usually indicates that my day was craptastically hectic in one way or another and usually involves some level of sleep deprivation.

Speaking of sleep, or no sleep, Dylan's sleep has been mediocre lately, which makes us tired and cranky around here. However, it hasn't been so bad that we realize why we're cranky so there's a lot of grumbling about nothing in particular. We're fun! Come hang out with us!

We attended an awesome awesome Iron Chef competition last night, starting at Wegman's and ending three and a half hours later with judges critiquing food in dubbed English. We had to leave before the results were announced (ahem, Ms. Baby McSleepyCrank), adding yet another thing to my list of things needing closure.

Perhaps another reason that I was particularly addled by lack of sleep today was my 7:30am meeting. IN BUFFALO. I had to be back in Rochester by 9:30am and the guy I was meeting was 25 minutes late, so that was a little excitement for me. Also exciting, the whole waking up at 5:30am thing. I think this was one of about four times since Dylan was born that I got up before she did. I did get to spend the morning driving around town with the one of the county lead inspectors. Grad students need field trips too.

It better cool off before Snuffy melts into a puddle of high strung chocolate.

No comments: