www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

On my own

Yesterday was fairly hectic, although I can't actually claim to have done much single parenting since Aaron's mom stayed over last night to help. I didn't get a picture, so perhaps you could visualize one for my "Aaron Replacement of the Day" series. I played in my second summer league ultimate game and got slammed in the calf by an errant clutzy knee, so I have been hobbling pathetically around. Dylan didn't go to bed until 10:00, but slept through until 7:00. That isn't really enough sleep for her, but it was a reprieve for me. I got her down at 7:00 this evening, so perhaps we will have some kind of sleep coup tonight.

In case you are having escapist fantasies, I thought you might want to follow along with Aaron's bike trip in France. Here is an excerpt from today's route:

"Among the town's curiosities are the 11th-century hilltop St. Martin's church; excellent views from la butte (ed: ha!) near the church; a 150-foot well that is known for its echo (grand puits); and numerous homes, secret stairways, and passageways carved into the rock. Some of these caves have been inhabited since medieval times, and served as hideouts in time of war. You'll probably want to walk, rather than bike, to the top of the hill, with panoramic views of the Loir valley. Down near the river is a cave with limestone formations (grotte petrifiante)."

No comments: