www.flickr.com

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Notes

  • We often walk past a really pretty garden a few blocks away. I was admiring the mulch around the trees and bushes when I noticed that they had also mulched around the fire hydrant.
  • There were two eight-year-old girls at the playground today calling each other Shiloh and Zahara.
  • Dylan has been a viking (present night excluded) at putting herself to sleep this week. That is important because Aaron is usually a viking at putting her to sleep and I am usually whatever the opposite of a viking is.
  • As I was walking Snuffy today a woman in the neighborhood asked, "Is that the same dog but with a haircut?"
  • Dylan has started doing a couple of toddler kids of things, like being completely unwilling to have anything to do with new foods and wanting to do sort of boring things over and over. For example, I have been coarsely mashing up avocado in her breakfast for a long time, so she knows the flavor and texture, but when I put pieces on her tray they don't get anywhere near her mouth.
  • She has been in a spectacular mood for days and days, and friendly to one and all.
  • And cuddly.
  • I got to go to a concert last night.
  • And a possibly ill-advised bonfire tonight. Might as well since the baby's not asleep anyway...

No comments: