www.flickr.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

Chaos

There has been exactly one night in the past two weeks that we've all been at home with no one sleeping over. We have spent time with friends from high school, college, camp, and med school, as well as our families and a few extra dogs. We've traveled en masse to North Carolina and separated so I could sneak in a quick jaunt to DC. I'm up to 51 children enrolled in my study, and I'm closing in on getting my mitts on another big data set. We said goodbye to a large chunk of Rochester Local 645: Dylan Fan Club Chapter as they graduated and went off for more training in various cities. Last night we hosted a murder mystery and this evening we brought dinner to friends who have a six-week-old baby. Dylan is three months shy of her second birthday, and I'm starting med school again the day after that. Between now and then we have two weddings and our tenth high school reunion, Aaron's going to New York City for training and to DC for a conference, and I'm going to Colorado for four days. And I've been daydreaming about lugging Aaron up to the Adirondacks or the Thousand Islands without Sleeps-No-More. Mochi's staying with us this weekend and next, some of Aaron's family is coming to celebrate his graduation tomorrow (he officially graduated this year since he finished last summer), and Miss Maya's first birthday party is Sunday. So. It's all been really fun and my head is spinning a little and I suspect things may not get more relaxing with my return to med school. Luckily Aaron finds time every day to give things some perspective.

2 comments:

Annie ~ إني said...

Also there's that sweet/lavish surprise party that you have to plan for your sister who's coming home from overseas (God bless 'er!) in November. Booking the mayor to come speak might be a bit of a hassle, but I'm sure you'll fit it in.

Gillianboudreau@hotmail.com said...

Ooh oooh! If you guys go to the Adirondacks, please let me know the weekend and Dave and I will totally go with you! We are hiking all the time this summer to prepare for an August trip to Glacier, and the Adirondacks is our very favorite!