www.flickr.com

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Red Tape

I have a few administrative orders of business for you.

One. Am I starting to repeat myself here? I am getting really strong deja vu with every post I write, although I guess not strong enough to make me look at the archives to see if I am ACTUALLY writing the same thing over and over. Just let me know. It's better that I know, right? So I can get the care I need?

Two. Who put the newspaper article about curling in my mailbox at school? Was it one of you? Is there someone at school reading this that I don't know about? Do we need to have a big delurking day? That everyone will just ignore and make me feel foolish? Sounds fun, let's do it!

Three. Why does the Subaru smell strongly of maple syrup? WHY? It makes me carsick even more than usual.

Four. Is it normal for a dog and a child to have sibling rivalry?

Five. Have you ever seen such misery? Caused by: me being on the other side of the gate.
Six. She still looks like Mr. Bill, doesn't she?

3 comments:

Amy Farrell Chapman said...

Dear Kate and Aaron, I lurk your site often. I did not leave anything about curling in your mailbox because I'm in brooklyn. I have experienced this maple syrus smell you are talking about before, after a quick google search I found this bad news about this particular car smell...

(1) SMELLS LIKE: MAPLE SYRUP

WHEN: After the engine has warmed or possibly even after it's shut off for a few minutes.
THE CULPRIT: Coolant containing sweet-smelling (but toxic) ethylene glycol is leaking from somewhere. It could be coming from a radiator or heater hose, a failed intake manifold gasket or cylinder head. It might be coming from a leaky radiator cap or the radiator itself, especially if you smell it outside the car. A strong odor inside the passenger compartment probably means a bad heater core.

xoxo-Amy Chapman

Amy Farrell Chapman said...

mmm, you probably know I meant to write syrup not syrus...

bleisenblog said...

Hi Amy! It actually had not occurred to me that it was a problem with the car. I just figured something had spilled. But the smell has gotten worse over the past week, so that makes sense. Ugh. Thanks for figuring that out.