www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Distractions

I'm having this problem lately where I spend the day thinking of clever and funny things to post and then when the time comes my mind goes blank like Dylan's face in front of a camera and all I can do is scrounge around for cute pictures to put up and hey look! A truck!

**********

This week and last Aaron went to trivia night at the English pub. On the one hand, what could be more fun than trivia night at the English pub? On the other hand, what could me more foolhardy than encouraging Aaron to think about/bring up useless trivia any more than he is naturally inclined to do? It's sort of a wash, I guess.

In a spate of activity-attending, Aaron also joined a softball team. The first game, scrimmage actually (Annabelle: [who is now living with us for a week] they have scrimmages in a rec league?!), was tonight, and he came home (figuratively) weeping because the team is stocked with real men, men who can throw and catch and don't hit accidental bunts because that's as far as the ball happens to go when they hit it. He also described one of his throws as a grounder. At least he went out for burgers afterwards. That's pretty manly, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those who are arguing over a pun comment in an earlier post, it was I who wrote it! Bleisenblog knows who I am!

Gillianboudreau@hotmail.com said...

It's ok Aaron, it took me 6 years of softball just to learn to tag up.