www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 11, 2008

20 more days

Not that I'm counting. This week was hard. I didn't see Dylan for three days and I was feeling generally incompetent for much of the week. A friend suggested a cheer leading session to psych myself up at the beginning of the day. So I suggested that it would be more helpful if I could call her for a cheer leading session when I got up at 5:00am, but she demurred. I decided yesterday that I would just be more confident in the absence of any increase in skill or knowledge, and that actually did help. Part of the problem is that there is not much a medical student can do to be helpful during a surgery ("here, let me take that scalpel, I'm sure I would have an easier time figuring out what this ominous looking mass in this gentleman's abdomen is") so it's not always obvious to anyone what our role should be.

************

On an unrelated note, have you seen this blog? Awesome.

2 comments:

Gillianboudreau@hotmail.com said...

I really had to stew that blog over or "think" about it.

bleisenblog said...

"ha ha"