www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Further adventures in dumb things I have done this month

I have to pay $1.50 for parking each day, so I handed the attendant a $1, and then a $5 to cover the other 50 cents.

********

"So you're from Ithaca...how did you come to Rochester?"

"Up 89 or 96." Really? Does he really want to know that?

"No, what brings you to Rochester."

"Oh."

********

Surgeons do not like uncertainty in response to their questions. They also do not like it if you say "I don't know." Which leaves me no choice other than a blank stare, with blinking, in response to most questions. They actually don't seem to mind that as much.

********

One of the residents I am working with is really nice, and he figured out that I had slipped out of the operating room tonight to go say goodnight to Dylan. When I got back he loudly told me that I had to go home since I had been on call overnight last night, even though he knew I had not actually had to come in or had my sleep interrupted in any way. I got home in time to put her to bed, so I sent him this to say thanks.

********

9 more days.

No comments: