www.flickr.com

Friday, October 31, 2008

Conversations

Kate hands Dylan a ponytail holder

Dylan: Pocket?

Kate: No, you don't have any pockets today. Largely because you insisted on wearing pajamas.

D: Okay.

**Shoves ponytail holder in belly button and walks away.**

************

My mom, on speakerphone, yesterday: Do you guys want me to stock up on anything for dinner tomorrow?

Aaron: Yes, eggs.

Kate: And toilet paper.

MM: But I have eggs and toilet paper!

**snickering from K & A**

A: Perhaps a crowbar then? Or that flamethrower I've had my eye on?

************

I finished my test this morning. Yesterday they told us that if you don't walk away feeling like you failed then something is wrong. So! I'm right on target! But done. It is not that much of a relief due to: the 200 messages in the my inbox, the enormous pile of papers and associated debris in the dining room, the trip to Ithaca we are packing for, the as yet not quite finished dissertation...you get the idea. But! Done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mocking an old woman: so easy, isn't it? MM