www.flickr.com

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Still alive and kicking...well, not really kicking, mostly standing in the operating room

My surgery rotation is going reasonably well, except for a nagging feeling of not knowing very much no matter how much I read. I've gotten to see a lot of surgeries already, and everyone I'm working with has been really nice. Mentally, it's actually just like when Dylan was really little. I don't have any control over what happens to my day, I'm tired most of the time, and I never know when I'm going to be able to eat or sleep or sit down or what I'll be able to get done in a given day. This makes for a rather anxious Kate, but I'm starting to relax and get a handle on it. I guess the main difference in this scenario is that I also don't know when I will see the actual child. She's doing fine though and I got to spend almost all weekend with her.

********

Dylan's old buddies Kate and Annabelle were in town for a day this weekend. She hasn't seen them since May, which is a good chunk of her life, but I'm pretty sure she remembered them. Dylan has a gig as a flower girl at Kate's wedding next month so we wrassled her into the dress, which was a lot of cute in one place.

********

Delayed thanks to Juliet for the award! I'm too scattered at the moment to pass it on, but I do appreciate it.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

You're welcome! It's one of those things I wouldn't have passed on if I had a job on top of a kid, but since I have naptime to myself at least I figured why not do an I Hereby Declare Everyone on My Blogroll to Be Awesome thingy? I really enjoy reading your blog, so I hope you have less stress as you adjust to your new schedule (and for your sake, not just my amusement).