www.flickr.com

Sunday, October 19, 2008

SaturSurgerday

ed note: aaron has seized control in my absence in a bloodless coup

For the weekends that kate has been doing surgery she has been getting home at around 10 in the morning. Yesterday was going to be different because she was on call yesterday. I thought that she would be home by noon, but with a possibility that she could be home as late as 2 in the afternoon. I think that she got home at 11 last night. I can't be sure because I went to sleep before she got home, and woke up this morning after she left. (I know I know, I'm not pulling my weight around here sleeping all the time - 8 hours a night.) So yesterday, a weekend, and what I had counted on being a short day of surgery for Kate, she worked for 17 hours.

There are many milestones in a child's life, and Kate has been present for all of them so far. Like Dylan's first smile or steps or word or the time that she said her uncle had poopy pants, but yesterday Kate missed her daughter's first chocolate croissant. I think that makes the 17 hour days harder when she misses such important moments in her child's life. I also don't think it helps that the c. c. was intended for Kate. At least I had gotten a picture of the event:


Kate and Dylan have been leaving each other videos on my computer. They make Dylan really happy to watch. Here is one from Kate and Dylan for Dylan:

No comments: