www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rochester Rockette

I have more pictures from the wedding because there was an actual photo booth at the reception, but they were transported back to Rochester via Aaron's textbook, where they currently remain. Since Aaron's textbook is at work and they need to be scanned, the amount of work required to post them is insurmountable at the moment. I would also like it to be noted that Aaron participated in a kick line during the reception, which unfortunately was not documented on film, but was seared into my brain in a seemingly permanent fashion. Aaron becomes uncharacteristically outgoing after enjoying one glass of wine after another, and another, and was told that he was too articulate to possibly be drunk. I imagine most people fancy themselves more articulate after a few drinks, but that probably does not actually reflect reality. In this case I'm afraid it's true. Perhaps we should start having mimosas with breakfast?

***********

I am doing an anesthesiology elective this week and next. I've known several people who did a similar elective, unexpectedly fell in love with it, and decided to go into anesthesiology as a career. I'm probably not headed in that direction, but it is pretty fun. I got to do an intubation today, and start an IV, and use the breathing bag and mask for three different people, and everyone is really nice and supportive. I really had a tough time during surgery even though I learned a lot, so it is nice to feel more comfortable asking questions and trying to do new things.

***********

Dylan is used to having me around more again and is basically cheerful and happy, yet still wants to be carried all. the. time. I'm not sure my back is going to hold out for too much longer since she is like some kind of actual child or something, weighing many many pounds. I'm afraid that means she's too big to strap to Snuffy's back either.

No comments: